For most people, doing the laundry is a chore at the best of times. However, I’d do my washing, drying and ironing with a smile on my face if this industrial style utility room belonged to me!
It’s practical, light and roomy – you could swing a duvet cover, never mind a cat. If you have the space, a separate and – in the case above – matching washing machine and dryer are especially handy… especially if there are lots of people (and therefore, dirty laundry) in the household. It can halve the time that wash day takes!
The monochrome décor is lifted with copper highlights in the pendant lights, worktop planters and beautiful laundry basket.
- Hanging ball glass terrariums with airplants
- Premier Jasper wide pendant light in copper
- Ampersand print poster
- Roger Lascelles 36cm French château wall clock
- Large copper wire basket
- Artificial cactus in metallic pot
- Miele WMH121WPS free-standing washing machine
- Miele TMG840WP tumble dryer
We’ve got an amazing, quirky space for you in today’s ‘Get their look‘ post. If you’re a massive petrol head, there’s probably no better home for you than something like this California garage conversion. This is a space that enables you to live surrounded by your beloved cars, motorbikes and bicycles.
As you might expect from a converted garage, there’s a strong industrial feel, with its pair of huge motorised roller doors and bare rafters & beams. However, a mid-century modern vibe also shines through. It’s a very successful combination – industrial yet crisp & clean. What a wonderful looking and flexible home.
- HEKTAR dark grey pendant lamp
- NIUYAO pendant light 20 lights large sputnik chandelier
- Porsche 911 904 Rallye Monte Carlo 1965 race poster print
- Official gun range target practice poster
- Hot Mesh chair by Blu Dot
- Dutch industrial single shelving
- KALLAX shelving unit
Our love affair with all things 50s-inspired continues with this mid-century lounge. It has many of the classic hallmarks of this type of space – light & airy, unfussy, optimistic. The furniture is stylish, yet retains a functional simplicity – the distinctive splayed legs and feet associated with the era are much in evidence. The parquet flooring is a wonderful original feature that really suits the overall design. Clean lines and hard edges are softened with textiles and lots of natural foliage.
Whilst we’re concentrating on the lounge area, we love the open plan nature of the apartment and glimpses through to the kitchen and mezzanine bedroom. The glazed panel works perfectly to section off the bedroom area whilst retaining the sight line and flow – this is cleverly echoed by the the mirror on the wall beneath.
- ASTRO Tressino S 7042 IP44 wall light
- Aspect mirror
- Mid-century media 6-piece set
- Mid-century turned wood leg planters
- Stellar white marble side table
- Santiago leather armchair in camel
- 2 x Lule high back carver dining chairs
- Porto left-hand corner sofa
Have a look at some of the other interiors we’ve featured in our Get their look series.
This is the kind of mid-century-inspired kitchen-diner where I’d happily spend lots of time; cooking, eating, entertaining, relaxing.
It’s an incredible use of space with a very unusual kitchen island / breakfast bar combo. Most breakfast bars are designed in such a way that you perch atop an often uncomfortable bar stool; these vintage Scandi Model 42 dining chairs are a far preferable alternative!
There’s oodles of storage and display space thanks to the custom-built shelving unit in the centre of the photo above. I love the detail of the top shelf following the slope of the ceiling. I wouldn’t be surprised if there wasn’t even more storage in the base of that bench!
- Vertigo 2-light foyer pendant
- Vertigo 1-light hanging mini pendant
- Martini cocktail set
- Perforated decorative bowl
- Oak and glass dining table
- Vintage Model 42 dining chairs by Kai Kristiansen for Schou Anderson
- Live edge wood slabs
Click here to see other rooms featured in our Get their look series.
Of all the kitchens we’ve featured so far on Get their look, this perfectly practical kitchen is probably the one I’d most like to be in our home!
As an ex-chef and avid baker, I love the fact that the Gaggenau appliances wouldn’t look out of place in an industrial kitchen. I’ve always had a soft spot for minimalist stainless steel cabinets and work surfaces.
The background palette is neutral and calm – creams, whites and natural wood shades much in evidence. It’s livened nicely with small flashes of colour from flowers, fruit, herbs etc.
A vintage, wall-mounted Bakelite telephone and framed Tretchikoff ‘Chinese Girl’ print add a contrasting homeliness to an otherwise utilitarian-like space.
Real thought has gone into the design – the marble fire surround being picked up in the top of the Saarinen tulip table for example.
- Bamboo hanging lamp
- Serge Mouille six-arm ceiling lamp replica
- Vladimir Tetchikoff ‘Chinese Girl’ print
- Gaggenau VG 491 111 F – SERIE 400 – stainless steel controls front
- Saarinen tulip oval table Arabescato coated marble by Knoll
- Gaggenau BMP 250 130 microwave cm. 60 200 dx series – silver combined microwave
- Polacco stool
- Tolix Inox outdoor chairs designed by Xavier Pauchard
We love living the quiet life, but every so often we both get a yearning for big city living again. This urban roof terrace is just the kind of outdoor space that many city-dwellers would love; a huge sky and activity all around.
It’s very open indeed, so perhaps not everyone’s favoured option – probably not the best place for a spot of sunbathing in the nude! The clear glass barriers are primarily built for safety rather than privacy. The view is one of the terrace’s great attractions, however – you’d have the feeling of hovering in mid-air – so probably wise not to block it out.
Astroturf is the perfect floor covering, it stands up to the elements, is non-slip, soft underfoot and really gives the illusion of a well-manicured lawn. It looks like a lovely place for a relaxed, al fresco gathering of friends and family.
- 1000mm2 toughened clear glass balustrade panels
- Matthew Hilton Eos outdoor furniture range for Case
- MAUI deckchair slings
- John Lewis deckchair frame, FSC-certified (eucalyptus)
- 4 Nova champagne glasses
- Stainless steel ice bucket / wine/champagne cooler
- Marlow medium density artificial grass
Click here to see more indoor & outdoor spaces we’ve featured in our Get their look series.