This wonderfully serene Viennese apartment is the home of Svenja, a 20-something interiors & lifestyle blogger. She blogs at traumzuhause which translates from German as ‘dream home’.
The brilliant white painted walls, ceiling, door, window frames and up-lighter give a feeling of space and calm. The window is huge and is fitted with an inconspicuous, white roller blind which allows for maximum sunlight to shine through.
The lofty ceiling means that the long statement pendant light fitting has the necessary room to be admired to the max. The beautiful herringbone wooden floor is softened with light-coloured rugs and the grey, L-shaped sofa allows for two people to recline in comfort.
We highly recommend you visit her blog where you’ll find lots more inspiring photos of her home.
- Ay illuminate ceiling light, hand-woven cotton
- Muuto Restore storage basket
- Light up message board
- Nexus floor lamp, white finish by Nordlux
- Duke large side table Ø 90cm
- Stelton grey Emma vacuum tea jug
- Acapulco lounge chair
- Grey sheepskin rug
- Coconuts milky white 121 scented candle by Broste Copenhagen
- Grey Columbia corner sofa
A place for everything and everything in its place. Do you live by that adage – or would you like to? If so, you’ll love this storage-ful home studio. Just look at all those banks of cupboards! The owner has achieved a lovely balance of storage and display. In addition to things being hidden away, there are also lots of items easily to hand… and many interesting decorative pieces on display. It has an uncluttered feel, yet it’s far from being a sparse, featureless space.
- Zodax gold reaching hand sculpture
- Nuevo Living HGML2 dome large pendant light
- ‘something to say’ by Sara Hicks Malone
- ‘Abstract Layers 1’ by Kelly Nasuta
- Kalpana Kilim rug
- Vega Dining Table by Nuevo
- Stilnovo FB7419WHEAT Pella armchair, wheat wool blend
- Threshold™ storage drum accent table gold
- Modmade MM-PC-077-Black+Black Jaden Chair
This music lover’s living room belongs to Silvy – a London-based Italian architect, interiors buff and blogger.
Lots of windows fitted with white Venetian blinds allow diffused light to stream through. High street staples such as the Habitat coffee table are teamed design classics such as a set of Panton chairs and PH 5 pendant light.
The overall feel is airy, bright, relaxed and comfortable.
- PHALAENOPSIS orchid
- Poul Henningsen PH 5 pendant light
- Orchid high pot cover
- White Panton chair
- KENSTAL white long coffee table
- Lucido extending dining table
- Mayne sofa bed
This spacious open-plan kitchen diner lounge looks comfortable and homely. The practical cork flooring laid throughout elongates the room and brings the space together. It’s warm underfoot, softens noise, is easy to clean and is a natural and sustainable product.
We really love the ingenious use of lengths of different types of wood used to clad the kitchen wall. A simple, affordable and eye-catching feature. The vintage leather trunk has been converted into a smart coffee table – and is, no doubt, used as useful storage too.
- Searchlight Lighting single light ceiling pendant in satin silver finish with clear acrylic diffuser
- Owalo 7000 pendant lamp
- Blonde rattan dining chair
- Dash of Soot – No 244
- Arco floor lamp by Achille and Pier Giacomo Castiglioni
- Studio cork flooring
- Seville modular seating
- Vintage leather canvas steamer trunk
- Hyatt – Radcliffe industrial dining table
Just look at that gorgeous view across London from this eclectic high-rise city apartment!
Even though you’d spend most of your time looking out of that window that spans almost the entire width of the room, there’s plenty to enjoy within the interior too.
It’s decorated with a seamless mix of vintage and new. The beautiful shiny wood of the floor is mirrored in the pair of sideboards and musical instruments. Despite the room being fairly narrow, the retro patterned op-art wallpaper on both walls works counter-intuitively, making it appear spacious.
I could well imagine myself sitting on that sofa, whiling away the day watching London life go by below.
- Hicks Hexagon wallpaper
- Globe ceiling lamp – clear
- Benedict Blue lampshade
- Boll clear round glass vase
- Spoke Edgings armchair
- Origami side table – glass/antique brass
- Pineapple sideboard
This is a fairly traditional yet modern living room. It’s look is easily achievable as many of the fixtures and furnishings are available from the high street or retail park. A calm, neutral palette runs from one room to the next. Geometric patterned textiles provide interest and lift to the space.
- Large oval mirror
- Farrow&Ball Old White 4
- Brass and marble desk lamp
- Kensal console table by GillmoreSPACE
- Zinc: 4 seater sofa
- Zinc: pattern large footstool
- Zinc: pattern scatter cushion
- EKENÄSET armchair
- Cast Tec Verona carrara marble fire surround
- Cromwell small 16 inch solid fuel fire basket