Going on a long walk with a dog can be like taking a child; they need a lot of stuff! Water, bowl, food, poo bags, treats, ball… All that kit can be heavy, bulky and tiring when you’re walking in the hills. The least Fudge can do is help to carry some of the load – in the most stylish way possible of course!
Archive for the ‘gimme five’ Category
Did you watch any of the Chelsea Flower Show last month? Were you lucky enough to visit in person? We were glued to the screen on every day. We were in agreement that Dan Pearson’s garden should win best in show.
However, it was the flower marquee that effected the most ‘oohs’ & ‘ahhs’ from us. The colourful, perfectly poker straight lupins; the bright, almost radioactive daffodils; the delicate lilies and all the exotic & alien-looking blooms shipped in from around the world.
The sights made us feel slightly inferior about our own outside area. Our flowering dolly tubs that began flowering way back in January have now just about gone over. We’re now thinking about what perennials we can add to extend the colour and structure beyond June.
As we’ve said in the past, we love planting bulbs and seeds that can just be left to flower, die back and reappear again even bigger & stronger the following year. Here are some perennials to plant in the summer that we have our eye on.
- Chinese lantern ‘alkekengi‘ – 200 seeds: 99p, eBay
- Himalayan blue poppy ‘meconopsis baileyi’ Hensol Violet – 40 seeds: £2.99, Thompson Morgan
- Foxglove ‘digitalis’ Woodlanders Mix – 500 seeds: £1.99, Marshalls Seeds
- Teasel ‘dispacus fullonum’ – 160 seeds: £2.49, Suttons
- Noble lupin collection: £14.99, Crocus
We’ve scoured the internet to find the five of the best high tech homewares on the market. We love a bit of hi-tech kit… especially if it saves on the drudgery of household chores.
- Luxurite – waterproof LCD television – silver mirror frame: from £706.94, Victorian Plumbing | Enjoy watching those Poldark or Wolf Hall box sets by candlelight with a glass of wine from the comfort of your bath!
- Smarter Coffee wi-fi coffee machine: £179.99, Firebox | Bean to cup, just the way you like it, on demand straight from your smart phone or tablet.
- Neato XV Signature robotic vacuum cleaner: £255, Debenhams | Effortless vaccing, while you’re out, while you’re asleep. This is top of my Christmas list!
- NEST learning thermostat: £179, Currys | Never come home to a cold house again! Setting a winter base temperature means you never have to worry about frozen pipes bursting (been there, done that!)
- Samsung SHS-H700 key-less fingerprint technology digital door lock: £234.20, Amazon | No more scrabbling about in the bottom of your bag looking for your keys. Say hello to 21st century fingerprint recognition!