We’re coming to the end of Fairtrade Fortnight and we wanted to mark it in our own little way.
When we think of Fairtrade most of us think of the coffee, tea, sugar etc with the green & blue Fairtrade logo that we see in the supermarket. But it’s much more far-reaching than that. Flowers, wine, cosmetics, clothing, gold… even homewares! Here are some of the ones that caught our eye…
- Striped jute storage bags (set of 2): £22, Traidcraft
- Tree of life cushion covers (set of 2): £27.95, Natural Collection
- Sheesham wood side table – grey: £57, Ethical Superstore
- Oka film light: £200, Nkuku
- Recycled grow bag: £14.99, Notonthehighstreet
Here’s a short film of one tea farmer’s experience of fairtrade…