We’re still having a love affair with dark painted walls – and our own house has quite large expanses of these shades.
This moody blue bedroom looks like an amazing place in which to go to sleep and wake up.
The decor is quite eclectic. There are pieces of vintage mid century looking furniture such as the peacock chair and splayed leg bedside table; what looks like a lovely antique Persian rug; also, more contemporary textiles as seen in the gorgeous bedding, cushions and light shades. Along with the warm Scandi furs, these softer textures contrast beautifully with the industrial touches such as the cast iron radiator, distressed paintwork and bare bulb light fittings.
We think the room is very successful indeed – the matt, inky green blue makes the perfect backdrop for this wonderful mix of materials and brighter highlight shades.
- Uno basic 5 light cascade pendant by Bulb Attack
- Hand-printed Napoleon bee fabric
- Squirrel cage tungsten filament bulb
- Farrow & Ball ‘Hague Blue’ estate emulsion
- William Morris ACANTHUS cushion Aegean blue / off white
- Birdy side table
- Mid-century bedside table – acorn
- John Lewis Boutique Hotel silk cushion cover, natural
- John Lewis Boutique Hotel silk bedspread, natural
- Rattan peacock armchair by Out There Interiors
- Yolanda faded Persian Jacquard rug – 160 x 230 cm, petrol blue