This sunny, double-aspect sitting room belongs to a desirable Span house located in Taplow, Buckinghamshire.
Span Developments was a property design & development partnership founded by architects, Eric Lyons and Geoffrey Paulson Townsend. The Taplow development – Cedar Chase – was built in 1966 and consists of 24, Type 30 houses. Back then, the 3 and 4-bedroomed, 2-living room ‘patio’ houses were marketed at between seven and eight thousand pounds – they currently change hands for over half a million!
This room, although fully modernised, has been updated & furnished very sympathetically. The armchairs (1954), side table (1970) and floor lamp (1960) were all originally designed during the mid century modern era in which the house was built.
- Harlequin Wallpaper, Oralia
- AJ Floor Lamp by Arne Jacobsen
- Deluxe Heritage Wiltshire White
- Carl Hansen CH417 Tray Table
- Mathmos Telstar Rocket lava lamp
- FH429 Signature Chair designed by Frits Henningsen from Carl Hansen
- Sideboard with tray unit, 2017 – designed by Finn Juhl manufactured by Onecollection