This design-led monochrome work room is in the home of Italian-born, Madrid-based architect, Teresa Sapey. Her apartment is situated opposite the entrance to Buen Retiro Park – one of the largest in the city – and occupying the top floor, views must be stunning. The trees change form and colour throughout the year – and light them hits in different ways – so the vista is an ever changing experience.
This space, as with the whole house, has design classic furniture such as the Panton chairs dotted throughout – along with some fabulous art; some of it the designer’s own, and many inherited family pieces. It’s actually filled with many objects numerically, but doesn’t look cluttered in any way. That requires real skill and an eye for detail… but Teresa doesn’t consider it an interior design project – more an ever-evolving life project!
You can see further photographs of the rest of her lovely home here.
- Glo-Ball floor lamp by Jasper Morrison for Flos
- Vondom Adan planter – white, small
- Clear acrylic book stand by Taschen
- Fornasetti Buongiorno/Buonanotte vase
- Vitra Panton chairs
- Superstudio Abs Ballon Abs armchair, black
- Superstudio Sillón Ballon Abs armchair, white
- Charles & Ray Eames La Chaise
Click here for more of our ‘Get their look‘ features.