I may shortly be leaving my 5th decade however, it wasn’t until recently that I’d ever heard of dual-control electric blankets – what a great invention!
I mentioned in the past that Justin & I have different preferences in pillow size, number and hardness. Well, we also differ in the temperature that we like the bed to be. I’m almost never warm enough – I could have an electric blanket switched on for the whole night during the winter. Justin throws the duvet off complaining of the heat.
One of these king-size, dual-control electric blankets will prevent much night time grumbling and tossing & turning!
- King-size electric heated under blanket fleece throw twin controls: £16.99, eBay
- Homefront electric blanket king-size dual control: £48.95, Amazon
- Dreamland heated fleece dual control fitted electric underblanket: £69.99, John Lewis
Autumn is definitely here, despite summer on occasion putting up a struggle. We’ve had our newly-installed wood-burning stove chuffing away this week – not quite ready to go the whole hog and turning on the central heating, but in need of some background warmth.
There’s nothing quite like autumn evenings, curled up on a sofa or armchair with a lovely, soft wool throw over the shoulders. We tend to keep one across the foot of the bed too, for those nights when the duvet needs a little help.
Here’s a great selection of wool throws to keep those autumn chills in check!
- Sheep wool blanket: £64, Scandinavian Design Center
- Dorma plum Maldon throw: £59.99, Dunelm
- Adeen red wool and silk throw: £80, Habitat
- Stripe wool throw: £90, Feather and Black
- TweedMill fishbone two stripe olive & rouge wool throw: £44.95, TweedMill
We’ve teamed up with buyakilt.com to offer not one, but two of our lucky readers the chance to win one of their lovely pure wool tartan blankets.
Buyakilt.com is an online Scottish retailer of – yes, you got it – kilts! But along with kilts, they stock a huge array of Tartan fashion, gifts and homewares.
You can choose from any of their tartan blankets featured on this page. Entering is simple, all you need to do is comment below saying how you’d use your blanket if you won. You can improve your chances of winning by liking them & us on social media.
Tartan blanket giveaway
With the onset of cooler autumnal weather and news of all the big energy companies raising their tariffs, don’t just stick the heating on. Invest in a beautiful quilt!
Wrap up warm in it on the sofa or arrange it artistically across your bed. A colourful throw or blanket lifts a room, the spirits… and your temperature!
- HAY Mega Dot, Golden Yellow – 135€, eBay
- Louise Velvet Quilt – £90, Laura Ashley
- India Ethnic Kantha Cotton Reversible – £67, Amazon
- Warm and Rusty Patchwork Quilt – £120, Folksy
- Honeycomb Bedspread by Sweet Home London – £100, Notonthehighstreet