We’ve probably said it before on here, children’s spaces need not be devoid of good design and décor; they can be quite discerning individuals too! A case in point is the boy’s bedroom as shown above. Harry’s room is decorated thoughtfully and tastefully in red, navy and grey. It’s furnished with design classics such as a red Anglepoise desk lamp and John Moncrieff’s balloon lights. A young person’s room that they won’t grow out of in a hurry!
- Seletti Suburbia wall storage solution by Design Note Studio
- Memory Balloon ceiling lights by John Moncrieff
- Lorna Syson Warwick ‘Red Sky’ fabric
- Casadeco Jules et Julie wallpaper
- Badger cushion, red
- Anglepoise Type 75 mini desk lamp – Signal Red
- Wooden train personalised with a name
- Phineas desk
A kid’s bedroom can often be a tricky thing to decorate. Once a young one grows out of the Disney princess/super hero/football-themed stage, their room will need a complete overhaul. The room pictured above retains a sense of fun, but certainly has a touch of sophistication too.
We love the combination of mustard and grey in the bedding and the sharp contrast of the mint pineapple bedside light. A vintage alphabet chart and felt garland add further decorative interest. And finally, the glimpse through the door shows that there is a lovely flow between spaces – the kid’s room not a sudden, jarring shock when compared to the rest of the house.
- Vintage grey Krueger industrial drafting stool
- Pineapple light
- Star cushion
- French ABC poster
- Duvet set
- Braided jute rug