Having both been chefs for a number of years we like our food… and drink. We’ve lined up a number of gifts for epicureans in your life.
They may be big on doing a spot of cooking, baking or culinary wizardry. Or they may prefer to just do the tasting, leaving the business of preparation to others. Whichever camp they fall into, there’s something here for them!
- Due Vittorie balsamic vinegar 12 year old tradizionale: £37.49, Ocado
- Peanut butter maker: £44.95, Prezzybox
- Rubis chocolate wine: £9.95, The Whisky Exchange
- Penneli garlic peeler: £7.99, IWOOT
- Pack of six stainless steel straws: £7.99, IWOOT
- De’Longhi KG79 coffee grinder: £34.99, Argos
- Mozzarella & ricotta cheese making kit: £28, Culture Vulture
- Cuisinart® gelato and ice cream maker: £199.99, Lakeland
- Monthly tea club subscription by Charbrew: £24.99, Notonthehighstreet
I’m a self-confessed gadget freak. If money was no object, the latest MacBook and iPhone would arrive by courier with each new release. No basic models for me either, I love all the bells & whistles!
Justin is much less of a computer geek, but he does love his hi-fi gear; he’s a vinyl junkie and Spotify addict. A quality music system, wifi speakers and pair of wireless headphones to match would make him a very happy bunny on Christmas Day.
Gifts for techies don’t have to look geeky. I love the USB stick masquerading as a Chanel lipstick (#2) and the ‘rubber duck’ wireless speaker for the bath (#6) tickles me!
The one item I’d be most happy to find under the Christmas tree this year though, is the Xperia™ Z2 Tablet (#1). It’s completely waterproof so I’d be able to use it in the bath to read, surf the net or watch the latest Scandi Noir offering!
- Xperia™ Z2 Tablet: from £369, Sony
- Chanel lipstick USB / flash drive: £67.13, Etsy
- Native Union Pop Phone soft touch retro handset – red: £9.99, Amazon
- Beats by Dre portable Bluetooth® Pill speaker, Nicki Minaj pink: £169.99, Selfridges
- Beats by Dre Pill speaker stand: £39.99, Selfridges
- iDuck wireless speaker: £21.95, Prezzybox
- Pebble smartwatch: £99.99, Currys
- Lomo’Instant Sanremo + 3 lenses: £129, Lomography
- Bose® SoundLink® around-ear Bluetooth® headphones: £199.95, Bose
- Slate essential lapdesk: £64.03, Etsy
I think there’s no excuse for getting it wrong when it comes to Christmas gifts for ‘her’. What woman doesn’t like to wake up on Christmas morning to a show-stopping handbag? A pair of funky shoes? Some jewellery? Make up and smellies?
I know I’ve got excited in the past by a toaster as birthday present – just don’t think it’s all right to get me household electricals for every occasion!
OK, I confess – this more or less constitutes my own fantasy Christmas wish list. So Justin, I hope you’re paying attention! 🙂
Yesterday we mentioned that we have 8 nephews; we have 3 nieces too. Shop shelves are often filled to overflowing with the pink princess look, but it doesn’t always have to be pink gifts for girls and blue-for-boys. Here are a few alternative ideas for the little ladies.
- Wildfox Snowflake jumper 7-14: £53, Selfridges
- Vilac multicoloured giraffe umbrella: £17, Liberty
- All Aboard flight bag: £15.38, Paperchase
- Banksy girl with balloon iPhone hard case/cover: £3.99, eBay
- Vivi Bunny soft toy: £20, Designers Guild
- Printed wellies: £24-£28 depending on size, Boden
- Burts Bees gift tin mini collection: £5.99, Boots
- Strawberry body sorbet: £8, The Body Shop
- Children’s jungle wall sticker set by Parkins Interiors: £90, Notonthehighstreet
Although we have no kids ourselves, we now have 8 nephews between us – aged from 4 to 24! Buying gifts for boys can be a minefield – what are they into now, what’s the trendy toy this year, are there any new hobbies??? It was much simpler in our day – a satsuma and a piece of coal (if wi wer lucky!). Here’s a broad selection to suit a range of ages & budgets.
- Astronaut freeze-dried space strawberries: £6, Urban Outfitters
- Silly Socks baseball boots socks: £6.99, Iwantoneofthose
- Mr Men Mr Tickle watch: £12.99, WatchShop
- OUCH! comic strip plasters: £3.95, Prezzy Box
- 3D spy glasses: £15, John Lewis
- Gift Republic Monopoly money box: £10.40, Amazon
- The original metal Slinky: £4.99, Maplin
- Animal antics t-shirt: £17-£19, Boden
- Lexon Buro desk set: £80, Designers Guild