You may think that buying jewellery for Christmas or any other special occasion is an easy option, but it isn’t always. What’s their ring size? Do they prefer gold or silver? Are their ears pierced? Do they have a nickel allergy? Do they even wear jewellery?
Some of these questions can be answered through simple observation. If possible, rifle through the intended recipient’s jewellery box and slide some of their rings on to your own fingers to gauge the size of their fingers. Don’t get caught though – you may be wrongly accused of attempted theft!
When’s their birthday? Give an item of jewellery that incorporates their birthstone. Get something personalised such as the fingerprint charm featured here (#5). It’s double-sided, so you can have the prints of two people impressed together for posterity.
- Amethyst & moonstone necklace: Pia
- Citrine earrings wrapped in 14k gold fill: Etsy
- Stainless steel cufflinks with brown leather inlay: John Greed
- LucyQ triple drip bangle (Size 7.75) in rhodium-plated sterling silver: TJC
- Fingerprint oval dangle charm: Hand on Heart
Life doesn’t properly start for us each morning until the first mug of coffee has been consumed. After that initial jump start, we move on to cups of tea for the rest of the day.
We’re ideal candidates for the items featured in today’s round up of presents for tea & coffee lovers.
- Le Creuset rainbow espresso mugs – set of 6: Divertimenti
- Luxury tea bauble | gingerbread chai flavour by Bluebird Tea Co.: Notonthehighstreet
- Sage by Heston Blumenthal the Knock Box Mini: Amazon
- Refillable & reusable silicone tea bag: Lakeland
- 10 goldfish tea bags Earl Grey & herbal tea: Etsy
- Joco glass reusable coffee cup: Trouva
Collecting Christmas baubles is such a lovely hobby to have. Each year adding to your stash, each one having a story behind it – the place it was found, the person who gave it as a present. They could be vintage, hand-made or limited-edition. Nice ones are worth investing in as you should get decades of use out of them. Unwrapping them each year must be such a pleasure. And as they’re not permanently on display in the home, they retain a special attraction and fleeting magic… just like a white Christmas itself!
- SCS Christmas ornament, annual edition 2016: £49.00, Swarovski
- Authentic Tiffany & Co. Crystal Christmas tree holiday ornament: Etsy, £61.73
- Christmas 2016: ‘Iconic Cup and Saucer’ blue tree decoration: £12.50, Wedgwood
- 2016 Gift set, heart, ball, bell – palladium plated: £48.00, George Jensen
- Stieff Shaun The Sheep decoration: £79.95, Harrods
- ALESSI five-piece Christmas bauble set: £49.95, Selfridges
Festive fashion has got a bad rep, but it doesn’t need to be like that. There are lots of lovely Christmas jumpers out there to be had – you simply need to wade through some of the itchy, scratchy, tasteless fancy dress stuff.
Be gone Christmas jumpers with garish prints, flashing Rudolph noses, tinny carol music and tinsel trim. You’ll look forward to bringing these ones out of your woollens drawer each year!
- Bah Humbug women’s Christmas sweatshirt/jumper: Etsy
- Crew neck bauble beaded jumper: Marks and Spencer
- Girl’s festive jumper: Boden
- ‘Christmas jumpers are so cliché’ organic sweatshirt by Lovetree Design: Notonthehighstreet
- Bellfield Christmas jacquard geometric knitted jumper: ASOS
- Women’s favorite pullover yolk Fairisle sweater – Merona™: Target
Scent is one of the most common Christmas present options. Can’t you tell from the number of television ads that hit our screens from late November? Those ads one of my little pet hates – young, beautiful models in unbelievably glamorous locations… trying to sell me the lifestyle whilst I’m slobbing about in my jim-jams! I suppose, perfume isn’t the easiest product to sell through a TV screen – I guess I’ll just have to endure them until smell-a-vision is invented!
I have nothing against giving and receiving scents at Christmas though – here are a few perfumes with a difference.
- Philosykos perfume oil roll-on, woody: Diptyque
- Solid perfume pyramids: Lush
- Women’s vegan perfume box set of all 12 cruelty-free perfumes: Dolma
- Classic Agrumi di Sicilia eau de cologne unisex 100ml: Marks and Spencer
- Personalised perfume: Waft
It used to be that small appliances were not at all welcome as Christmas presents. We’ve all heard the jokes about husbands buying their wives irons and vacuum cleaners. All that has changed. I for one would be more than happy with a robot vacuum cleaner; I’d immediately entrust it with picking up all the post-Christmas debris.
Equally, I’d be in heaven waking up to the smell of freshly baking bread and brewed coffee. These are smile appliances, not small appliances! 😉
- iRobot roomba980 robot vacuum cleaner: £749.97, Appliances Direct
- De’Longhi Eletta Plus ECAM44.620.S bean to cup coffee machine – black / silver: £434, ao.com
- ART29601 7-bottle wine cooler: £189, MyAppliances
- Kenwood Premier Chef XL KMM715 stand mixer: £349.99, Currys
- Sage by Heston Blumenthal the Nutri Juicer – silver: £132, Amazon
- Cuisinart ICE30BCU ice cream maker, silver: £64.99, John Lewis
- SD-ZB2502BXC Breadmaker: £160.99, Panasonic