I discovered this Barcelona home when it was recently featured over on Apartment Therapy. It’s the rented apartment of couple, Alida and Alex. You may recognise many of the furnishings in this cute, compact kitchen diner; Alex works at IKEA and obviously brings some of his job home with him!
- Kitchen cabinetry, VEDDINGE, grey
- Picture ledge MOSSLANDA, white
- Handle TYDA, stainless steel
- Side table on castors IKEA PS 2017 beech/white
- Door DJUPVIKEN, white
- 9-bottle wine rack HUTTEN, solid wood
- Copper pineapple storage pot
- Crosley Presley floral Bluetooth Cruiser vinyl record player
- Tray KLACK, rubberwood
- Gateleg table NORDEN, birch
This yellow-themed kitchen diner was presented as a show home at the Grand Designs Live event a few years ago. Its splashes of bright primary colour draws the eye… and probably the visitors who were in attendance.
It was designed to give inspiration to first time buyers. It is furnished with affordable pieces from outlets such as IKEA, a few investment buys from independant designer makers and items that are easy to take with you when you move up the property ladder.
The yellow is paired with shades of grey and white which give balance and a muted background on which to contrast against.
- Tress wallpaper in grey by Sian Elin
- Hexagon ceramic wall tiles
- Kenwood kMix toaster
- DeLonghi kMix boutique drip coffee maker
- GLO by Bisley SoHo multi-drawer cabinet 10-drawer H590mm (yellow)
- IKEA PS 1995 clock, yellow
- View Quest Hepburn DAB+ radio & Bluetooth speaker
- DOCKSTA table, white
- Kylie bar stool by Riley Ave.
- Frame coffee table in oak
- HAY Kaleido trays
- BERNARD chair