I discovered this Barcelona home when it was recently featured over on Apartment Therapy. It’s the rented apartment of couple, Alida and Alex. You may recognise many of the furnishings in this cute, compact kitchen diner; Alex works at IKEA and obviously brings some of his job home with him!
- Kitchen cabinetry, VEDDINGE, grey
- Picture ledge MOSSLANDA, white
- Handle TYDA, stainless steel
- Side table on castors IKEA PS 2017 beech/white
- Door DJUPVIKEN, white
- 9-bottle wine rack HUTTEN, solid wood
- Copper pineapple storage pot
- Crosley Presley floral Bluetooth Cruiser vinyl record player
- Tray KLACK, rubberwood
- Gateleg table NORDEN, birch
This spacious open-plan kitchen diner lounge looks comfortable and homely. The practical cork flooring laid throughout elongates the room and brings the space together. It’s warm underfoot, softens noise, is easy to clean and is a natural and sustainable product.
We really love the ingenious use of lengths of different types of wood used to clad the kitchen wall. A simple, affordable and eye-catching feature. The vintage leather trunk has been converted into a smart coffee table – and is, no doubt, used as useful storage too.
- Searchlight Lighting single light ceiling pendant in satin silver finish with clear acrylic diffuser
- Owalo 7000 pendant lamp
- Blonde rattan dining chair
- Dash of Soot – No 244
- Arco floor lamp by Achille and Pier Giacomo Castiglioni
- Studio cork flooring
- Seville modular seating
- Vintage leather canvas steamer trunk
- Hyatt – Radcliffe industrial dining table
This yellow-themed kitchen diner was presented as a show home at the Grand Designs Live event a few years ago. Its splashes of bright primary colour draws the eye… and probably the visitors who were in attendance.
It was designed to give inspiration to first time buyers. It is furnished with affordable pieces from outlets such as IKEA, a few investment buys from independant designer makers and items that are easy to take with you when you move up the property ladder.
The yellow is paired with shades of grey and white which give balance and a muted background on which to contrast against.
- Tress wallpaper in grey by Sian Elin
- Hexagon ceramic wall tiles
- Kenwood kMix toaster
- DeLonghi kMix boutique drip coffee maker
- GLO by Bisley SoHo multi-drawer cabinet 10-drawer H590mm (yellow)
- IKEA PS 1995 clock, yellow
- View Quest Hepburn DAB+ radio & Bluetooth speaker
- DOCKSTA table, white
- Kylie bar stool by Riley Ave.
- Frame coffee table in oak
- HAY Kaleido trays
- BERNARD chair
We love absolutely everything about this eclectic dining room. Where do we start? The balanced mix of vintage and new. The soft grey walls. The shiny metallics introduced via the copper standard lamp and table lamp. The flashes of orange in that huge overhead glass pendant light. The colour of the moulded plastic Panton chairs which is cleverly picked up in the seat cushion on the Ercol armchair. The oversized Chinese Lady print. We’d gladly give it all house room chez H is for Home.
- Tom Dixon Base copper floor lamp
- Kartell ‘Cindy’ table lamp, orange
- ‘Chinese Girl’ print by Vladimir Tretchikoff
- Ruark R4 MK3 DAB/DAB+/FM/CD Bluetooth all-in-one music system
- Vintage extending teak dining table
- Ercol Goldsmith armchairs
- Verner Panton ‘S’ chair, green
- Anglepoise ‘1227’ mini desk lamp