Regular readers know of my love affair with orange – it’s the colour we’ve used on the walls and for some of the appliances in our kitchen.
These orange Crocs, the Bistro Mario Batali Edition, were specially made for “kitchen aficionados” apparently. So, they’re the perfect match for when I’m in the mood for whipping up a little soufflé or something!
In the days running up to Monday 21 January, when President Obama was being sworn in for a second term, all sartorial talk was about what colour and designer the First Lady would be wearing.
When the family emerged on inauguration morning, all eyes were focussed on Michelle – mine were distracted by the fabulous coat, scarf & glove combos sported by the Obama daughters – they’re growing into such elegant & beautiful young women! Apparently their coats are from Kate Spade and J.Crew.
This is the first instalment in a new series we’re embarking upon called “Gimme Five“, where we choose 5 of a kind from a range of items weather it be furniture, fashion, food or more.
With so much of the white stuff on the ground at the moment, I’ve been thinking about treating myself to a new winter coat. Jaeger is a very “grown up” brand and has a large range of winter coats – many of which I’d say are investment pieces – they’re classic, timeless designs and would last a lifetime. Here are my top five picks!
1. Black angora wool – If you’re going to invest in a single “grown up” coat, make it a full-length black wool one. This is a fine example!
2. Contrast piped mac – A little twist on the classic mac (another staple for your coat arsenal). I LOVE its contrast piping!
3. Wool oversized cape – I’ve been very into my capes in the past few years, I have a couple of vintage Welsh wool examples. As this one is unpatterned it’s more versatile than my current ones, and those huge patch pockets – large enough for keys, phone & purse… and for keeping hands toasty warm in the cold!
4. Wool A-line swing coat – I love a brightly hued coat thrown over a black outfit and this fuchsia is one of my favourite colours.
5. Full-length shearling – Blow that budget! If I won the lottery I’d be straight down to Jaeger to get myself one of these!