We’re in desperate need of some new bookshelves. We’re great hoarders of magazines – we keep them for inspiration and for cutting up and using on moodboards.
Our ever-growing collection of lovely interiors and cookery books is dotted all around the house. We have them in almost every room; stacked up high in piles on the floor, on tables and on each side of the bed.
The recessed floating shelves in our sitting room are mainly given over to displaying our collection of vintage pottery and enamelware. Even this is interspersed with little stacks of books here & there! We like free-standing shelves as we’re always rearranging the furniture to give new purchases a temporary or sometimes permanent home!
We like modern, sculptural, minimalist but striking bookshelves that look like works of art in their own right. The Ptolomeo bookcase is great because it makes use of often under-utilised vertical space. Our favourite though, is the bright yellow SD2.o; unusual, asymmetric and with a sense of fun!
- Vitra ESU shelf 4OH By Charles and Ray Eames: £2,108, Heal’s
- SD2.0 Shelves limited edition Factory Yellow by Andy Murray Design: £350, Bouf
- Loki 5-shelf bookcase: £195, Habitat
- Polygon shelving unit, walnut: £299, MADE
- Ptolomeo bookcase by Bruno Rainaldi: £1,095, The Conran Shop