It used to be that small appliances were not at all welcome as Christmas presents. We’ve all heard the jokes about husbands buying their wives irons and vacuum cleaners. All that has changed. I for one would be more than happy with a robot vacuum cleaner; I’d immediately entrust it with picking up all the post-Christmas debris.
Equally, I’d be in heaven waking up to the smell of freshly baking bread and brewed coffee. These are smile appliances, not small appliances! 😉
- iRobot roomba980 robot vacuum cleaner: £749.97, Appliances Direct
- De’Longhi Eletta Plus ECAM44.620.S bean to cup coffee machine – black / silver: £434, ao.com
- ART29601 7-bottle wine cooler: £189, MyAppliances
- Kenwood Premier Chef XL KMM715 stand mixer: £349.99, Currys
- Sage by Heston Blumenthal the Nutri Juicer – silver: £132, Amazon
- Cuisinart ICE30BCU ice cream maker, silver: £64.99, John Lewis
- SD-ZB2502BXC Breadmaker: £160.99, Panasonic
We’ve lost count of the number of ice lollies we’ve eaten in the last fortnight – Magnums, Cornettos, Soleros… I think investing in one of these ice lolly moulds would have saved us some lolly (get it?! ;-))
- CHOSIGT ice lolly maker £2, IKEA
- Zoku® quick pop maker £41.99, Lakeland
- Mastrad ice pop maker £9.95, Amazon
- Ice lolly maker £2.50, Marks & Spencer
- little home at John Lewis rocket lolly moulds, £7
Cuisinart ICE30 ice cream maker, £65.68 – Amazon
Regular followers of this blog will remember us, not so long ago, posting a Wednesday Wish for a new fridge freezer. Well, we’ve had the new fridge freezer for a couple of months now – and we still haven’t got used to ALL THAT SPACE!… especially in the freezer compartment which, in the old one, was primarily taken up with a whole lot of ice build up. My thoughts have been turning towards utilising some of our new-found capacity with a shiny new Cuisineart ice cream maker – especially with summer just around the corner.
Cuisinart ICE40BCU Ice Cream Maker Duo, £89.97 – Amazon
This one I think, despite being more than £20 dearer, would suit us much better. Justin & I have completely different taste when it comes to ice cream. While he likes smooth classics like vanilla, strawberry and coffee; I prefer mine to be copiously stuffed with chunks of cookie dough, chocolate chips, chewy caramel, glazed nuts and other goodies (although not necessarily all in the same tub!).