Etsy is one of the best places to shop for original, vintage and handmade Christmas presents for the home, the family, the friends… and the self! There’s so much choice, you’ll easily find anything and everything for everyone on your list. If you don’t there are lots of indie sellers that can whip you up something custom – so long as you give them enough notice!
- Set of 3 Christmas tree ornaments: £12.83
- Retro 60s holiday matches in fancy sleeve case: £6.42
- Father Christmas blue plaque: £25
- Screen-printed Christmas stockings: £9 each
- Swedish vintage 1970s printed cotton tablecloth: £16.04
- Crocheted snowflake garland – white linen – 16 snowflakes: £24.38
We already have one dog that guards the door. Fudge our Weimaraner is ever alert to everything – from potential intruders to the morning post – reacting with equal madness to both! But just in case he needs back-up, here’s his new partner.
It’s always good to receive items in the post that combine excellent packaging with that nice personal touch. Once released, he was ready for action. In addition to assisting Fudge in the security detail, his main duty will of course be to keep out those nasty winter draughts!
We found our new doggie draught excluder in Queenie by Margo Elder’s shop on Notonthehighstreet. He’s beautifully handmade from genuine Harris tweed and comes in a variety of colourways. Here he is pictured with a few of his friends.
Margo Elder is just one of thousands of independent traders to be found at Notonthehighstreet. So if you’re looking for those individual household touches or a special gift, it’s a must visit site.
Not on the High Street has only been around for six years or so, but they’ve gathered together a growing group of British designers and crafters who produce very high quality, handmade objects. The website is full of items that can be personalised with the names of friends, family members, special dates etc… perfect for gift buying!
1. placemats | 2. mugs |3. rubber tamp
4. chocolate bar | 5. gift bag | 6. sloe gin
Folksy is the British version of Etsy and is a great website to trawl through if you’re looking for Christmas gifts & decorations that are handmade and just that little bit different!
1. three wise men Russian dolls £95 | 2. Christmas fairy £8
3. hand blown glass baubles £9.95 ea. | 4. Scandinavian toy angel £12
5. stained glass mistletoe sprig £30 | 6. Christmas pudding soap £6