This wonderfully serene Viennese apartment is the home of Svenja, a 20-something interiors & lifestyle blogger. She blogs at traumzuhause which translates from German as ‘dream home’.
The brilliant white painted walls, ceiling, door, window frames and up-lighter give a feeling of space and calm. The window is huge and is fitted with an inconspicuous, white roller blind which allows for maximum sunlight to shine through.
The lofty ceiling means that the long statement pendant light fitting has the necessary room to be admired to the max. The beautiful herringbone wooden floor is softened with light-coloured rugs and the grey, L-shaped sofa allows for two people to recline in comfort.
We highly recommend you visit her blog where you’ll find lots more inspiring photos of her home.
- Ay illuminate ceiling light, hand-woven cotton
- Muuto Restore storage basket
- Light up message board
- Nexus floor lamp, white finish by Nordlux
- Duke large side table Ø 90cm
- Stelton grey Emma vacuum tea jug
- Acapulco lounge chair
- Grey sheepskin rug
- Coconuts milky white 121 scented candle by Broste Copenhagen
- Grey Columbia corner sofa
A place for everything and everything in its place. Do you live by that adage – or would you like to? If so, you’ll love this storage-ful home studio. Just look at all those banks of cupboards! The owner has achieved a lovely balance of storage and display. In addition to things being hidden away, there are also lots of items easily to hand… and many interesting decorative pieces on display. It has an uncluttered feel, yet it’s far from being a sparse, featureless space.
- Zodax gold reaching hand sculpture
- Nuevo Living HGML2 dome large pendant light
- ‘something to say’ by Sara Hicks Malone
- ‘Abstract Layers 1’ by Kelly Nasuta
- Kalpana Kilim rug
- Vega Dining Table by Nuevo
- Stilnovo FB7419WHEAT Pella armchair, wheat wool blend
- Threshold™ storage drum accent table gold
- Modmade MM-PC-077-Black+Black Jaden Chair
This is a fairly traditional yet modern living room. It’s look is easily achievable as many of the fixtures and furnishings are available from the high street or retail park. A calm, neutral palette runs from one room to the next. Geometric patterned textiles provide interest and lift to the space.
- Large oval mirror
- Farrow&Ball Old White 4
- Brass and marble desk lamp
- Kensal console table by GillmoreSPACE
- Zinc: 4 seater sofa
- Zinc: pattern large footstool
- Zinc: pattern scatter cushion
- EKENÄSET armchair
- Cast Tec Verona carrara marble fire surround
- Cromwell small 16 inch solid fuel fire basket
You just want to stroll across this book-filled sitting room, make a bee-line for the shelves and start browsing through the titles. Seeing the selection of books people have on their shelves can tell you so much about them. You’ll very quickly be able to tell if you have any interests in common.
Our sitting room shelves are full of non-fiction – cookery books; books on art, architecture and design; interspersed with bits of colourful vintage pottery and enamelware.
- Vitsoe 606 universal shelving system
- Karina armchair
- 70cm Extra large oversize grey fabric drum lampshade
- ‘Gedy’ round bevelled mirror
- Mustard velvet cotton pillow cover
- Fired Earth ‘Platinum Pale’ matt emulsion
We don’t often feature kids’ rooms in our Get their look series but this bright, colourful nursery deserves some attention. It’s cleverly decorated in such a way that it can develop as the child grows. There’s plenty of visual stimulus for a small child, but it’s never likely to look babyish as the years pass by. Simple tweeks and changes of accessories (and no doubt toys) is all it will need.
Their obvious challenge was to temper the industrial warehouse space with it’s large expanses of open brickwork, steel joists, hard wooden floor and high ceilings. They successfully achieved this with the large, soft pink area rug; the elephant print and graphic flash cards hung all the way up to meet the ceiling.
It’s a lovely, bright space with lots of natural light for various work or play activities – and looks easy to keep clean and uncluttered too.
- MARIMEKKO Karkuteilla print
- ‘Bob’s Your Uncle’ A-Z animal flashcard set
- DaVinci Jenny Lind 3-in-1 convertible crib
- Large 38L flexible tubtrugs
- Plan toy chalet doll house with furniture
- Legler doll’s high chair (white)
- DUKTIG play kitchen
- Zyana chevron pink rug
Our house has a tiny porch. We’d love to have something like this Scandi-inspired entrance hall. Somewhere roomy enough to remove & store muddy walking boots, towel down a wet dog, hang coats & scarves, stash shopping bags, hang up keys, leave the incoming & outgoing post…
The space above is very practical; a floor that’s easy to mop, sweep or vacuum… or ride your trike across! A tricky under-stair area is used to store paperwork and sports kit and to feed the pets. An 8-hook coat rack to hang the whole family’s coats. A collapsible table that’s useful for jotting down quick shopping lists with a simple stool which can be stored beneath.
Just because it’s a transient part of the house where people don’t linger, doesn’t mean that it should be overlooked in the style stakes.
- Coat rack
- Metal filing cabinet
- Reading floor lamp
- Vintage wooden tennis racquets
- RYDEBÄCK dining table
- Red MARIUS stool
- Radio Flyer classic red dual deck tricycle
- Mini micro scooter
- Giant rattan log basket