What a laid back kitchen diner! The space belongs to Dee Campling, Instagram doyenne and co-founder of the myhomevibe hashtag.
It has a natural Scandi feel – very modern, yet homely too.
You can imagine her family sitting here having their breakfast, the kids doing their homework or the grown-ups sharing a bottle of wine after the young ones have gone to bed. A space for all the family!
- 45” handmade jute macramé hanging basket pot holder
- 300mm silver disco mirror ball
- Samsung The Frame Art Mode ultra HD TV
- Stendig wall calendar
- Charles and Ray Eames DAW chair by Vitra
- Euphorbia Ingens cactus
- Seagrass basket
- BJURSTA oak veneer extendable table
This is the kind of mid-century-inspired kitchen-diner where I’d happily spend lots of time; cooking, eating, entertaining, relaxing.
It’s an incredible use of space with a very unusual kitchen island / breakfast bar combo. Most breakfast bars are designed in such a way that you perch atop an often uncomfortable bar stool; these vintage Scandi Model 42 dining chairs are a far preferable alternative!
There’s oodles of storage and display space thanks to the custom-built shelving unit in the centre of the photo above. I love the detail of the top shelf following the slope of the ceiling. I wouldn’t be surprised if there wasn’t even more storage in the base of that bench!
- Vertigo 2-light foyer pendant
- Vertigo 1-light hanging mini pendant
- Martini cocktail set
- Perforated decorative bowl
- Oak and glass dining table
- Vintage Model 42 dining chairs by Kai Kristiansen for Schou Anderson
- Live edge wood slabs
Click here to see other rooms featured in our Get their look series.
I discovered this Barcelona home when it was recently featured over on Apartment Therapy. It’s the rented apartment of couple, Alida and Alex. You may recognise many of the furnishings in this cute, compact kitchen diner; Alex works at IKEA and obviously brings some of his job home with him!
- Kitchen cabinetry, VEDDINGE, grey
- Picture ledge MOSSLANDA, white
- Handle TYDA, stainless steel
- Side table on castors IKEA PS 2017 beech/white
- Door DJUPVIKEN, white
- 9-bottle wine rack HUTTEN, solid wood
- Copper pineapple storage pot
- Crosley Presley floral Bluetooth Cruiser vinyl record player
- Tray KLACK, rubberwood
- Gateleg table NORDEN, birch
This spacious open-plan kitchen diner lounge looks comfortable and homely. The practical cork flooring laid throughout elongates the room and brings the space together. It’s warm underfoot, softens noise, is easy to clean and is a natural and sustainable product.
We really love the ingenious use of lengths of different types of wood used to clad the kitchen wall. A simple, affordable and eye-catching feature. The vintage leather trunk has been converted into a smart coffee table – and is, no doubt, used as useful storage too.
- Searchlight Lighting single light ceiling pendant in satin silver finish with clear acrylic diffuser
- Owalo 7000 pendant lamp
- Blonde rattan dining chair
- Dash of Soot – No 244
- Arco floor lamp by Achille and Pier Giacomo Castiglioni
- Studio cork flooring
- Seville modular seating
- Vintage leather canvas steamer trunk
- Hyatt – Radcliffe industrial dining table
This yellow-themed kitchen diner was presented as a show home at the Grand Designs Live event a few years ago. Its splashes of bright primary colour draws the eye… and probably the visitors who were in attendance.
It was designed to give inspiration to first time buyers. It is furnished with affordable pieces from outlets such as IKEA, a few investment buys from independant designer makers and items that are easy to take with you when you move up the property ladder.
The yellow is paired with shades of grey and white which give balance and a muted background on which to contrast against.
- Tress wallpaper in grey by Sian Elin
- Hexagon ceramic wall tiles
- Kenwood kMix toaster
- DeLonghi kMix boutique drip coffee maker
- GLO by Bisley SoHo multi-drawer cabinet 10-drawer H590mm (yellow)
- IKEA PS 1995 clock, yellow
- View Quest Hepburn DAB+ radio & Bluetooth speaker
- DOCKSTA table, white
- Kylie bar stool by Riley Ave.
- Frame coffee table in oak
- HAY Kaleido trays
- BERNARD chair
We glanced an envious eye over this light-filled kitchen diner. Even at the hight of summer, our kitchen diner only gets direct light from around 4pm when the sun journeys round to the back of the house… if it happens to be a sunny day, that is – not guaranteed in the Pennines!
The long bank of skylights along the open corridor helps zone the kitchen and dining areas and lead you into the sitting room and garden beyond.
It all feels so fresh and airy. There’s a calm palette of natural wood, grey and shades of cream flowing through these various zones, thus unifying the whole huge space. Fresh flowers and the large seed head light shade bring the outside in.
It all looks so practical too. Cook and chat, dine at the table – then move to the comfy chairs for a glass of port!
- Buster + Punch Heavy Metal ES pendant cord ceiling light, steel
- Painted high chair
- IKEA PS MASKROS pendant lamp
- Toledo style vintage stool – rustic finish
- Eames Eiffel-inspired DSW chair
- Munnar Dining Table by Ethnic Elements