We’ve been enjoying sitting in deckchairs in our garden this summer. It gets direct sun until almost 7pm at this time of year. It’s been warm enough to sit out until way after the sun has gone down.
We want to get some pretty yet functional lighting to enhance our garden space and think that we’d be best served by some outdoor solar lights. No fiddly – and not to mention potentially dangerous, given our electrical knowledge – cables and sockets to contend with. Solar lights are notorious for being a bit dim thanks to the often measly British sunshine. But we don’t mind that, we’re not after floodlights, just a nice, warm glow to give the garden added atmosphere. Here are some we’ve found…
- SOLVINDEN solar-powered table lamp: £9, IKEA
- Lola LED solar powered outdoor glass jar lantern in blue: £7, B&Q
- Solar outdoor string lanterns, multi: £20, John Lewis
- Solar post light: £16.99, Crocus
- Solar bamboo light: £6.99, Original Organics