This is a very grown up, elegant monochrome bathroom in shades of grey, silver and white. It would hold it’s own against all the other interiors featured in the book, Shades of Grey, which we recently reviewed. It’s pared back, uncluttered and full of light; a sense of calm prevails. There are layers of tone and variation in materials – pattern introduced through the wallpaper and blinds adds further interest. An elegant, relaxing space.
- Porte Maillot crackle grey metro tiles
- Shower head
- Ralph Lauren Ashfield floral wallpaper – gun metal
- Classic Archipelago thermostatic valve and flow control
- Charcoal Egyptian cotton towels
- Voile de Jouy fabric
- Fero low stool
- Compagnie de Provence liquid soap Olive Oil & Black Jasmine
Pick of the Pads is back with this stunning, light-filled home.
It’s featured in the October 2015 edition of Elle Decoration.
The apartment belongs to Swedish fashion photographer, Maria Wretblad and her film photographer husband, Aril – the Northern Exposure title is a reference to its Stockholm location.
We love the pared back simplicity.
Subtle, layered shades of white, black, grey and dusty pale pastels provide the backdrop.
Carefully selected classic design pieces are dotted throughout the apartment – some beautiful seating and lighting, in particular.
Wood, textiles and lots of books provide warmth and homeliness; plants, seed-heads and feathers draw nature in.
It’s got a lot of impact but, at the same time, is calm and well-balanced – classic Scandi cool!
A monochrome interior need not be boring. What it lacks in colour, it can more than make up for with pattern, texture, tactility… and humour.
- Vitra Utensilo black: £177.00 – £219.00, Heal’s
- Mima Le Chat print: £42, Bodie and Fou
- KLIPPAN two-seat sofa, Storlien black/white: £175, IKEA
- Bobby desk lamp: £12.60, Habitat
- Vintage ivory 10kg weighing scales, black & white gingham scales: £3.26, Etsy
- Smeg A4-BL-8 dual fuel range cooker, gloss black: £2669, John Lewis
- Marimekko Siirtolapuutarha Dots espresso cup & plate: £26, Heal’s
Like last week’s Tuesday Huesday “Modern Rustic” blog post, we’re again in a monochromatic state of mind. We love the simplicity & “uncluttered-ness” of this grey bedroom that we saw on the IKEA Family Live website.
What a calm, contemplative place in which to start & end your day!
image credit: Sparrow Salvage on Flickr
This photo has a soothing, complementary colour scheme and great composition… and I love the beaded door screen! It’s been added to our Modern Rustic Pinterest board.