This monochrome open-plan living space belongs to textile designer and Rosendahl Design Group Creative Director, David Andersen‘s Copenhagen home.
Wonderful light enters the space from all directions – the kitchen area being particularly blessed, which is ideal for food preparation and cooking tasks.
It’s a very pared back, masculine interior – no unnecessary fuss in evidence here. The interior décor has a strong design-led feel with some real Scandi classics in evidence. It’s striking, yet very functional.
- PH ‘Snowball’ pendant lamp by Louis Poulsen
- Set of 2 Kay Bojesen Lovebirds
- Verner Panton ‘Panthella’ floor lamp
- CH24 Wishbone Chair black beech & black paper cord seat
- ‘About a stool’ bar stool by Hay
- Kubus 8 Candleholder by Lassen
- Fredericia No1 3-seater sofa designed by Børge Mogensen
Have a look at some of the other interiors (and exteriors) that we’ve featured in our Get their look series.
This design-led monochrome work room is in the home of Italian-born, Madrid-based architect, Teresa Sapey. Her apartment is situated opposite the entrance to Buen Retiro Park – one of the largest in the city – and occupying the top floor, views must be stunning. The trees change form and colour throughout the year – and light them hits in different ways – so the vista is an ever changing experience.
This space, as with the whole house, has design classic furniture such as the Panton chairs dotted throughout – along with some fabulous art; some of it the designer’s own, and many inherited family pieces. It’s actually filled with many objects numerically, but doesn’t look cluttered in any way. That requires real skill and an eye for detail… but Teresa doesn’t consider it an interior design project – more an ever-evolving life project!
You can see further photographs of the rest of her lovely home here.
- Glo-Ball floor lamp by Jasper Morrison for Flos
- Vondom Adan planter – white, small
- Clear acrylic book stand by Taschen
- Fornasetti Buongiorno/Buonanotte vase
- Vitra Panton chairs
- Superstudio Abs Ballon Abs armchair, black
- Superstudio Sillón Ballon Abs armchair, white
- Charles & Ray Eames La Chaise
Click here for more of our ‘Get their look‘ features.
This is a very grown up, elegant monochrome bathroom in shades of grey, silver and white. It would hold it’s own against all the other interiors featured in the book, Shades of Grey, which we recently reviewed. It’s pared back, uncluttered and full of light; a sense of calm prevails. There are layers of tone and variation in materials – pattern introduced through the wallpaper and blinds adds further interest. An elegant, relaxing space.
- Porte Maillot crackle grey metro tiles
- Shower head
- Ralph Lauren Ashfield floral wallpaper – gun metal
- Classic Archipelago thermostatic valve and flow control
- Charcoal Egyptian cotton towels
- Voile de Jouy fabric
- Fero low stool
- Compagnie de Provence liquid soap Olive Oil & Black Jasmine
Pick of the Pads is back with this stunning, light-filled home.
It’s featured in the October 2015 edition of Elle Decoration.
The apartment belongs to Swedish fashion photographer, Maria Wretblad and her film photographer husband, Aril – the Northern Exposure title is a reference to its Stockholm location.
We love the pared back simplicity.
Subtle, layered shades of white, black, grey and dusty pale pastels provide the backdrop.
Carefully selected classic design pieces are dotted throughout the apartment – some beautiful seating and lighting, in particular.
Wood, textiles and lots of books provide warmth and homeliness; plants, seed-heads and feathers draw nature in.
It’s got a lot of impact but, at the same time, is calm and well-balanced – classic Scandi cool!
A monochrome interior need not be boring. What it lacks in colour, it can more than make up for with pattern, texture, tactility… and humour.
- Vitra Utensilo black: £177.00 – £219.00, Heal’s
- Mima Le Chat print: £42, Bodie and Fou
- KLIPPAN two-seat sofa, Storlien black/white: £175, IKEA
- Bobby desk lamp: £12.60, Habitat
- Vintage ivory 10kg weighing scales, black & white gingham scales: £3.26, Etsy
- Smeg A4-BL-8 dual fuel range cooker, gloss black: £2669, John Lewis
- Marimekko Siirtolapuutarha Dots espresso cup & plate: £26, Heal’s
Like last week’s Tuesday Huesday “Modern Rustic” blog post, we’re again in a monochromatic state of mind. We love the simplicity & “uncluttered-ness” of this grey bedroom that we saw on the IKEA Family Live website.
What a calm, contemplative place in which to start & end your day!