Have you seen any of this year’s fledglings yet? All along the Rochdale Canal which passes through Todmorden, there are lots of broods of ducks and Canada geese. In our garden this week we’ve had a baby robin as a frequent visitor.
Justin’s a long-time twitcher, but I’m a lot less knowledgeable ornithologically! We have a stack of British bird handbooks on our bedroom bookshelf; the latest addition being a couple of Matt Sewell’s beautifully illustrated guides.
We actually own copies of all the above – with the exception of Bewick’s – perhaps it will be in my stocking this Christmas!
- The Observer’s Book of British Birds: from £4, Amazon
- Our Garden Birds, Matt Sewell: £7.28, Wordery
- A Sketchbook of Birds, C. F. Tunnicliffe: £2.81, eBay
- Bewicks British Birds: £2.99, The Works
- RSPB Handbook of British Birds: £8.37, Hive