Tonight is Halloween, but next week is a celebration that’s a lot more home-grown – Bonfire Night. We prefer Bonfire Night to Halloween; the history, the spectacle of the fireworks, the comfort food like black peas (a Lancashire tradition), parkin and bonfire toffee.
When last have you seen a group of kids asking for, “A penny for the Guy?”? Perhaps it’s not as economically viable an option as “Trick or treat?” has become! 🙂
- Small gold indoor sparklers – tube of 10: £3, Paperchase
- B is for Bonfire alphabet silkscreen print by Sarah Young: £19, Notonthehighstreet
- Bonfire kit: £60, Garden Trading
- 1950s print of children & penny Guy: £15, Etsy
- Original cinder toffee: £8.50 Fortnum & Mason