We’ve been blessed this week with a thick, deep carpet of pristine snow. Because we live in the hilly Pennines it’s perfect for sledging. We’ve had a look online for sledges suitable for (not so) grown ups and there are loads from which to choose.
We love the look of the traditional Scandi wooden examples but they’ll take up a lot of storage space for the 50 or so weeks of the year that they weren’t being used. The fold up aluminium one is much more practical – and lightweight too, for getting up to the top of the hill. The red plastic Delta is cheap & cheerful perfect if you’re in a part of the country that rarely gets snow. The other metal sledge looks like a Formula one version – I wonder what its top speed would be!
- Wooden sledge with back rest: £22.90, Amazon
- Sledge – aluminium construction: £34.99, eBay
- Aluminium folding sledge – blue: £79.99, Halfords
- Delta sledge – red: £12.95, UK Sport Imports
- Davos wooden sledge – 110cm: £78, SimplyPiste