A place for everything and everything in its place. Do you live by that adage – or would you like to? If so, you’ll love this storage-ful home studio. Just look at all those banks of cupboards! The owner has achieved a lovely balance of storage and display. In addition to things being hidden away, there are also lots of items easily to hand… and many interesting decorative pieces on display. It has an uncluttered feel, yet it’s far from being a sparse, featureless space.
- Zodax gold reaching hand sculpture
- Nuevo Living HGML2 dome large pendant light
- ‘something to say’ by Sara Hicks Malone
- ‘Abstract Layers 1’ by Kelly Nasuta
- Kalpana Kilim rug
- Vega Dining Table by Nuevo
- Stilnovo FB7419WHEAT Pella armchair, wheat wool blend
- Threshold™ storage drum accent table gold
- Modmade MM-PC-077-Black+Black Jaden Chair
This vintage industrial work-living space is the Moscow home of Ella and Nathan. The open plan space forms part of a converted sewing machine factory.
The light-filled apartment has a very practical and useful feature; a sliding screen door can be pulled across in front of the sofa, creating a bedroom in the space beyond – a very Japanese influence.
The fabric of the building provides an interesting backdrop. Muted background tones are lifted by pops of brighter colour such as book covers and fabulous yellow upholstery of a very comfortable looking reading chair.
- Ladderax shelving
- Industrial steel drum pendant light
- Mones dining chair by Homestead Living
- Silver travertine honed tiles
- STRANDMON wing chair and footstool
- Rustic balustrade handmade dining table with paint effect base
- Vintage Navajo rug / Native American wall hanging – 1930s/40s
This ordered craft room belonging to Katy Orme of Apartment Apothecary has a bright and clean look with its brilliant white walls, ceiling and furniture.
Thanks to the white roller blind, there’s lots of natural light – essential for working by day – with a large, centrally positioned pendant light for the evenings. The décor is contemporary with a vintage feel and subtle industrial touches.
The white string shelving and pegboard make good use of the vertical space, getting things up off the floor and providing an easy to reach place for tools and reading material.
There’s lots of room to spread out on the large square trestle table; making cutting fabric and pinning paper patterns so much easier.
- String shelving
- Light blue enamel factory ceiling light shade
- Vintage wall light
- Large white pegboard
- Vintage Bush radio
- Black vintage GPO rotary telephone
- Little Dane table lamp
- Trio of bud vases
We just love this home office corner. It’s compact, but completely functional. There are shelves for storage and pin board for notes or small pieces of equipment… and the all important horizontal surface for the computer or writing.
The lower half of a Victorian style table is painted a contemporary chalky grey which works really well with the blond wood found elsewhere in the room. It’s paired with an Eames-style chair. A bit of warmth underfoot is provided by natural jute flooring. There’s a bit of greenery dotted about which is not only attractive, but purifies the air with the negative ions they produce.
It has a bright, airy feel with its creamy white paintwork and natural light streaming in. What a lovely place to work, think or relax.
- Large white pegboard with wooden pegs
- Pair of white LILL net curtains
- Cohen table lamp, white and natural oak
- KNUFF plywood magazine files
- White birch EKBY ÖSTEN / EKBY VALTER wall shelf
- Natural jute rug
- White Eames-inspired DSW chair
We’ve chosen a minimalist home office for this week’s Get their look post. It’s the best environment to think, plan and concentrate. A bright window with an interesting, ever-changing outlook to give the brain a rest when required – or perhaps provide inspiration if you’re lucky enough to have a great view. It’s got a cool, vintage industrial feel. It’s not over cluttered – a mixture of functional electrics and storage – along with decorative touches such as the big letter A and a jug of fresh flowers.
- Trestle table
- Ruark Audio DAB radio
- Case Robin Day 675 Chair
- Vintage metal ‘A’
- Yellow retro dial telephone
- Grey metal box file
We’ve chosen this wonderful vintage industrial work room for this week’s Get their look post. It’s full of interest yet uncluttered and very practical. There are designated areas for storage and working. Lots of natural wood and metal tones and a floor to ceiling blackboard to quickly jot down lists, notes, messages and thoughts. Superfluous decoration is kept to a minimum, but the bold counter-front lettering and geometric rug really lift the space.
Take a look below at some of the things that will help you recreate the look.
- Out There Interiors metal wire storage rack: £95, Notonthehighstreet
- Printers block letters: from £4.95, Notonthehighstreet
- Blackboard paint: £5.95 (500ml), Wilko
- Remington Travel Riter typewriter: £133.60, Etsy
- Jielde 2-arm Signal table lamp, white: 231,00€, Made in Design
- Vintage industrial lab stool: £40, Etsy
- Indoor/outdoor area rug: £162.00, Wayfair
- Wire desk tray: £35, H is for Home